Welcome to the Wonderful World of Art. I am a former public school art teacher. I loved teaching Kindergarten for 3 years, but my switch to teach art to 400 students in a Texas Elementary School was my favorite job ever! You will see my past posts are about a few of the projects with my former artists. I am so excited to start teaching art again. I have missed it dearly!






Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Grade Level Murals! :)

Every grade K-4 is creating an community mural for our hallways!  I am so excited for this project.  You will be able to see the completed murals in the main hallways (by the music room and leading to the cafeteria) in a month!  Every student will help in creating a mural that will beautify our hallways.

Kindergarten is creating a Above & Below Garden.  This piece of student work and the book "Tops and Bottoms" by Janet Stevens, were the inspiration for our creation.



 First Grade is creating a abstract circle mural using their fingers


Second grade is using crumbled black paper for their mural!  What could they be making!? They will be creating a peek into their own galaxy!

 Have you been wondering what all those lids are for?!!  Third grade will show you with their food mural that will line the hallway to the cafeteria. 


Fourth Grade is giving a look under the sea with their coral reef mural.


 Mrs. B is creating a mural for the office that will feature our Safe Place Mat and beautify our composure room in the office.  If you would like to help her paint it. . .email her!!  She needs helpers!

No comments:

Post a Comment